- Open Practice
- Competition Challenges
The following chart will illustrate how the old class names translate to the new ones.
Training Program Class Changes Conversion Chart - Effective Fall 2016
| Novice I
| Novice II / Advanced 1
|Advanced 2 / Skills and Sequences
The criteria for advancing from one class level to another has also been updated. See Criteria.
Another change is that we have moved the nights that various class levels have been traditionally offered.
Starting this Fall, the new class line-up will be:
- Mondays - Beginners
- Tuesdays - Handling / Competition Challenges
- Wednesdays - Intermediate / Advanced
- Thursdays - Novice / Open Practice
The new calendar and line-up offers the club the flexibility to offer special, single-topic workshops and clinics. Here are some initial offerings, with additional ones to be added over time:
- Weave / Contacts Clinic – 4 weeks, Sept. 19 through Oct. 10, Mondays 8 to 9 p.m.
- This special clinic is designed for Novice and Intermediate level teams that are still working on training 12-weaves and reliable contact performance. However, it is open to any team that may be struggling with these obstacles and behaviors.
- Forward Focus – 4 weeks, Oct. 24 through Nov. 18, Mondays 8 to 9 p.m.
- This workshop will concentrate on building independence for the insecure or Velcro dog or the dog that can’t seem to find the obstacle right in front of them! Exercises will focus on targeting, sends, go ons and obstacle commitment.
We are very excited about the new changes, which were the product of a very dynamic brainstorming session attended by a large contingency of Club members and instructors. Fall registration forms can be found here.
If you have any questions, please contact the Training Director, Jean Emery .
Keep in mind we are always in need of more volunteers to teach. Instructors enjoy a number of perks, including vouchers that can be used to pay for classes, seminars or applied to show entries. Interested in volunteering, contact Chris Hill .
Looking forward to seeing you all this fall!
Download the Class Registration Form.